From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 21:06:55 -0700

Hi Celiacphiles and pickle enthusiasts,

Thank you for all the replies! (Usually I thank everyone individually but
this summer I am finding that there are not enough hours in the days to do
what I want to do.)

The gluten free pickles mentioned are Bicks, Vlassic, Cains, Cascadian
Farms, BA Tempe (in the cooler section), Aylmers, B & G and Bubbles or
Bubbies. Heinz are listed as gluten free in Canada but not in the USA.

Alton Brown just did a show on making pickles....go to
www.foodtv.com.....they are
easy to do....also check out www.Marthastewart.com

would suggest you to go to this other excellent site:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages
There are good and knowledgeable people there to answer your questions,
some with medical background, and Abigail's gf food & products list.

I've got Bick's in my fridge - there's a number right on the lid.
1-800-363-2756 in Canada. I'm sure when I called they said yes all their
pickles are GF but you should call just to be sure, AND to remind them we
celiacs are here... and we are hungry .....

All the best,
Susan