From:
Christina Kuhne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christina Kuhne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 08:01:27 +1100

Thank you to all the ones that emailed me the response was as usual overwhelming.

The overwhelming response was the hot flushes are due to Menopause....something I already suspected but only posted a query because there was a mention in another post....but is great to have my suspicions confirmed.

There were numerous suggestions and discussions about HRT, and I don't think that I want to go back on that, and of course that is a personal decision.

90% of replies recommended Black Cohosh, it seems many are taking this with great success.

There were suggestions to have my Thyroid tested which I have had done in the  past but will discuss this with my DR.

 There were a couple of suggestions on diet, make sure you eat a balanced and healthy diet, and also to watch the carbohydrates which is something I have been looking into.

Also Anne suggested Vitamin B6, she said she takes it at night, with great success, she recommended 500mg last thing at night.

But I was encouraged by all your responses firstly to know I am not alone and secondly because of all the wonderful encouraging comments.  Thank you so much, for taking the time to reply and next time I am struggling with the covers in bed,,on off on off etc, I will remember that I am not alone. It is something we suffer.  I must say I had a lovely encouraging e-mail from Pat however the final few sentences really made me think as she met a lady who was  86 and she was STILL Suffering hot flushes, so I guess we learn to put up with it.

Thanks again and Merry Xmas to all.

Christina