From:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 19:25:47 -0600

Hi listies:

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this.  I've been gone.  Anyway, my original post was asking about a lump I felt in the lower left quadrant area, my doctor thought it was stool.  Also, I asked about the frequency of bowel movements, I have one good one in the a.m., and then usually 5-6 more little ones during the day.  Some people asked how long I've been GF, well, it's been 3 1/2 yrs.

I'll try to summarize:

More than 3/4 of the responses said that their bowel movements were about the same--one normal one in the a.m., and then several during the day.
About 10 people said that they have also felt the lump in that same area, and either they have done nothing about it because it goes away after the first bowel movement of the day, or their doctor confirmed that it was stool.  Also, a few people mentioned that this was normal BM's for us celiacs.

Many people wondered if I was accidentally ingesting gluten.  Well, could be, but I sure don't know what it would be, as I am really careful (as careful as one could be these days).  But I will consider these remarks.
Some people thought that it could be too much fatty food, or starches, or even a "GYN" problem-but I had a hysterectomy 2 yrs. ago.
My doctor also had said that being celiac, we may not process food correctly because of villi damage, and some people also mentioned this.

A few suggestions were to:  a) try Probiotics, b)cut down on starches, and c) psullium husks (Konsyl Brand).

I had my ultrasound on Monday a.m., and