From:
Gotta Bike <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gotta Bike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 12:34:54 -0400

Summary of Canadian GF Lipsticks

First of all, thank you to everyone who has contributed to this summary.

After receiving all of the GF Lipsticks responses, I have organized this
summary into two groups; one group from the celiac list, both on GF and NOT
GF and one group from the cosmetic companies.

Here it is:

---------------------

Replies from Celiac list on suggested Gluten Free lipsticks
(I have included the number of replies for each brand)

Almay  (1)
Avon  (1)
BeutiControl  (1)
Cover Girl  (1)
Ecco Bella  (1)
Mac  (3)
Marcella  (1)
Mary Kay  (1)
Max Factor  (1)
Maybelline  (1)
Neutogena  (4)
Repechage  (1)
Shaklee  (1)

----------

Replies from Celiac list suggesting these lipsticks are NOT Gluten Free
(I have included the number of replies for each brand)

Clinique  (2)
Cover Girl  (1)
Mac  (1)
Neutrogena  (1)

---------

REPLIES FROM THE COMPANIES

COVER GIRL

We as a company go to great lengths to ensure that our products are safe for
consumer use.

If wheat and/or wheat extract is directly added to the formula, it will be
listed in the Ingredient Statement, on the label. If it is not listed on the
Ingredient Statement, then no gluten is directly added to the product.

If wheat or a wheat extract is added to the perfume it will not be listed
separately on the label, but potentially present at a very low level.

If you are concerned about using a product with a perfume, I  recommend that
you use a "Fragrance Free" product .

Thanks,
GoliD.
CAN Email Team

www.covergirl.com

-----

COVER GIRL

Thanks for your message.

There is no gluten added to our beauty products.  However, there may be a
small amount in any fragrances that my be present in our products.

Andrew
CDN email team

-------

AVON

Thank you for having taken the time to write, we appreciate hearing your
comments and concerns.

Some products contain hydrolyzed vegetable or plant proteins.  Should you
wish to receive the formulation of our lipsticks, please email the name of
the products in question.

We trust this is satisfactory and invite you to email us should you require
additional product information.

Sincerely,

Maureen Mullins
Customer Care Center

www.avon.ca

-------

MARY KAY

All of our products are gluten free including the Lipsticks.  They do not
contain wheat, oats, barley or rye either.

Regards.,
Lynn Arnold

www.marykay.ca

--------
NEUTROGENA

I am pleased to respond to your recent e-mail concerning NEUTROGENAŽ
cosmetics.

NEUTROGENAŽ cosmetics are not currently marketed in Canada; therefore, I am
unable to provide ingredient information. Please be assured that your
suggestion will be forwarded to our marketing department for their
consideration.

Should you require further information, please don't hesitate to e-mail us
again or call us toll free at 1 888 663-8876.

Sincerely,

Julie
NEUTROGENAŽ Information Centre

www.jnjcanada.com