Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 14:43:32 EST
From:
Monika Bradley <[log in to unmask]>

Friends,

Many of you know how much I cook and bake, and have tried most of the
available gluten free products, and answered many questions about bread
machines, recipes, etc.  So it is without hesitation that my husband and I
highly recommend the easiest and best GF roll mix we've found.

Kinnikinnick.com has a bread and bun mix called Kinnick-Kwik in their "mixes"
category.  The product comes in several varieties - white bread, a brown
bread, a sunflower with flax seed bread, a raisin bread, and a true fiber
bread.  A 22 ounce bag of mix - all you add is water - and bake 25 minutes -
makes more than two dozen 4 inch buns (though I am still working on an exact
count).  They come out soft, and the white bread is the closest thing to a
"real" hamburger bun we have been able to bake or find on our own.  The
recipe on the bag tells you how to make a whole loaf, or the exact proportion
of mix and water to use to make as few as a single roll. The dough is just
thick enough so you can use your 4 inch muffin rings.

My support group here just ordered another dozen mixes. I have no connection
to the company other than ordereing often - it's the only company that
doesn't charge me a fortune to ship products to Hawaii.  In fact they charge
a flat $10 shipping charge to anywhere in the USA.  The bread mix is only
$3.95, so if you get some friends together to place an order of 10 bags, each
bag is only $5 including postage.  Trust me, it's good.

Monika
Pearl City, Oahu, HI
HI-Cs, Hawaii Celiac Support Group Founder