From:
davemarc <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:32:49 -0400

This is a summary (with follow-up) on my post recommending "Genuine
Bavarian" Gluten-Free Whole Grain Bread.

One subscriber asked if I knew what the ingredients are.

Here they are, off the package:  Whole rice (44%), mountain spring water,
whole corn (8%), millet (8%), whole soya, sea salt, guarseed meal
(thickener), yeast.  No chemical additives.

Another subscriber essentially asked where I've found the bread in New York
City.

Lately I've found it at Healthy Pleasures (Greenwich Village and Soho and
the Upper West Side)--where it's been on sale--as well as Bell-Bates (97
Reade Street, sort of between City Hall and the World Trade Center site) and
the Westerly Organic Market, at 913 8th Avenue on 54th Street.

One respondent wrote "the best bread I have tasted up to now is from
Panne-Rizo out of Vancouver BC" and urged me to check out the business's
website. I look forward to trying that bread at some point.

And another respondent wrote, in effect, that different countries may have
different standards as to what qualifies as "gluten-free."

Cheers,

David