From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 07:20:11 -0800

Please send me suggestions for my 8 yo grandson, whom my husband & I are
raising, who was just diagnosed last week with celiac disease and he is
allergic to multiple foods and reacts to additives and food colorings as
well.

The other foods that Taylor reacts are cherries, bananas, tomatoes, all
legumes, including soy, egg whites, rice, chocolate, and milk.  I suspect
that he is intolerant to citric acid and maybe salicylates.

It is a challenge to get the appropriate nutrients into him, and we can't
find a multiple vit/min that he can take as he is allergic to the flavorings
(usually cherry or orange) and to citric acid.

How do you get enough variety of foods and nutrients into your celiac
children who have multiple foods allergies?

And have any of you seen allergies/intolerances resolve after your child was
gluten free for sometime?   If so, how long did it take?

Does anybody know of a support group for people with children who have
celiac disease in the Greater Seattle area?

Thank you.
Sue