From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:06:43 -0700
Holly Krahe wrote:

> I dunno - it seems to me that there are MANY people who are living on pure
> crap, from cradle to grave, who are somehow doing just fine.  The minorities
> in my geographical area - Southern blacks, Hispanics, S. American Indians -
> are living on sugar, starch, and processed foods - yet reproducing with the
> best of them and producing some strapping athletes and specimens of health.

Unfortunately the majority of them (at least the Indian-background peoples)
suffer from early diabetes and all the associated health risks.  In some tribes
the diabetes rate is greater than 60%.  The grave arrives sooner for these
people, exposed to Western foods for only a few generations, compared to
Mediterranean-background people, eating wheat for 10000 years or more.

    Lynnet