Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:45:42 +0900
Keith Thomas wrote:

> Otherwise, nothing that seems associated with lack of salt.  What else
> should I be looking for as a symptom of lack of salt?

In the very unlikely event of too little salt, you might get
some weak skin, and perhaps cramps, faint head, weakness
during exercise. If you are eating meat it seems unlikely.
Try adding a bit and see.

I eat way too much salt, admitted, but I do not favor
totally no salt diets either. In nature animals go to great
lengths searching for salt. I am sure paleo people did too,
and were smart enough to figure out how to carry salt
around. The oldest known trade routes were for salt. If paleo
people were smart enough to quarry stone and transport it
hundreds of miles, why not salt? That said, it still would
have been tremendously expensive, and used sparingly for
those unlucky enough to live away from a natural source like
the sea.