From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:44:49 -0500
From: "Tom"
> I was the same as a kid, hated fat and grease unless it was
> hidden. Picky eater anyway...

I don't think I was ever really what would be called a picky eater since I
ate most things that were put in front of me and if I didn't like them,
didn't complain.  However, as a kid I had problems with not just the taste
but also the texture of some foods.  Straight up fat on meat was one.
Butter/margarine was another.  A third was greasy fried eggs with runny
yolks.  And a fourth was mucilaginous oatmeal.  Any one of the four could
cause a guaranteed gag or hurl.

But we did have a dachshund that was a really picky eater. No joke, I used
to stand over her and growl to make her think I would steal her food if she
didn't eat it.  It worked for a while.  My dad finally started buying
hamburger for her.  One day I saw my dad eating some of the dog's raw
hamburger.  Eating raw meat was something completely new to me.  He gave me
some, sprinkled with a little salt, and I thought it was great.  The dog had
real competition after that.  :-)

Fat *in* meat tastes great.   I will give thought to your suggestion to try
raw fat.  Maybe even try it at least once.  I've generally been pretty much
of a risk taker in life.  <g>

Theola