From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:13:19 +1000
My reply:
>For that you'd need to check out Richard Lee's work. The point >is that
there isn't one single paleo diet.
the point here is that your husband invented the notion that nuts provide a
large source of calories for any other paleo group.  if there was one, which
one?

> the diet would have varied with latitude. I am  challenging the >idea that
a paleo diet contains precious few carbohydrates.
i agree you're right here, when it comes to the tropics. fruit that comes
into season twice a year.

>The data may be skewed if you only or primarily look at groups >of people
living in northern latitudes.
this is true, but the relevant point is that we all hail from northern
latitudes [well afaik]. we havent had any time to get used to carbs year
round.

>My reply: You claimed that a paleo diet by nature contains little >or no
carbs. I'm just highlighting an alternative view.
no, you're just quoting an irrelevant piece of non-data. what the food
weighs means nothing. what calories they have is what matters.
bit sloppy don't you think?

andrew