From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 11:45:16 +0200
matesz wrote:
 >.. So, I believe your DHA source is dairy food.  If you've eaten eggs

To consider your arguments I looked at the contents of milk in USDA
SR14 Database. There was nothing. Then in the DGE Database (official
german) I found traces of DHA in products with milk - printed as 0,0
while shark oil has 17,6g.
Do you have some other data about DHA amounts in milk from grass fed
animals?

I never drink milk or cream and relatively little white cheese
(maybe 100g per week until the test time). And 1 piece of butter every 1
to 3 months. Particularly in the last years I had long phases with zero
cheese as a paleo-test. While beef does have some DHA, still 2-4 lbs
beef would be necessary for the DHA supply of a mother (Numbers from the
last but one Cordain article).
Beef has much more than cheese, I eat much less from cheese as would be
necessary from beef (around 1%).

In the last 15 years I ate around 1 to 10 eggs.
One intentionally at easter 2000, not to offend a gift. The others for
the same reason in occasionally cakes.
You can skip the eggs.

You can skip the milk too. I eat too little dairy (may it be pasture fed
or not). Micrograms of DHA per day at most.
Compare that to some grams of LNA daily from greens as source (in my
before-the-flax time). Even if only 10% would be converted, obviously
That's much more than the (possible) micrograms from my dairy.

It would be a nice idea, if dairy would be a DHA source.
LNA conversion is a much better source.
At least it was for me.

Cheers

Amadeus