From:
Mel Pegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 13:06:09 -0500
Hi to Everyone,

I'm from the UK, and just joined this mailing list.  I wondered if anyone
can help me with my problem.  I'm 21 and as far as I know fit and healthy,
I've been on the paleo diet for 7 months and lost 35lb (2.7st), but I've
not had a period for 6 months.

I'm 5ft 7" and now weigh 125lb (8.13st), I know oestrogen is stored in fat
cell's, but I don't think I look or am underweight.  Is this the diet
doing this, or not? and will they ever come back?  I've started to think
it might be an early menopause because before the diet they had become
very irregular and light over the past few years, and I used to get hot
flushes sometimes and all the PMS symptoms which have gone now.  Could it
be thyroid related?, as we have a family history of over-active thyriod's
and mine went like this once, but returned to normal as a virus caused it.

On the other hand I've also been really worried and stressed out over the
past year, so maybe it's not the diet.

I'd be interested to know if this has happened to other women while on the
diet too.  I'm really confused and worried!, and would be really grateful
for any advice.

Cheers
Mel.