Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:47:28 +0900
tsayonah wrote:

> The dark teas contain some antioxidants and almost as much
> caffeine as does coffee.  Green teas have less caffeine and
> more antioxidants.

But black and oolong teas have different antioxidants than
green tea. Recent newspaper articles here in Japan tout the
wonderful benefits of oolong tea, supposedly the perfect
balance between black and green teas, and a wonderful diet
aid. It all is hype it seems to me. What research there is
shows minor positive benefits from all three.

I drink a lot of all kinds of teas, but I don't believe in
magic foods, I just hope to get some benefit from them, and
I like the taste and the caffeine