From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 06:52:20 +0000
>My question is where may I find some sources of
>ready-to-cook and eat range fed beef or mutton in the
>Bay Area (Silicon Valley, close to San Francisco)?
>Some ranches exist in California, but they sell their
>meat in quarters. I don't have the space, nor carving
>and cooking skills, for handling that.
>
>Any recommendations on an establishment that sells
>such meat in cookable sized portions? I also
>considered some mail order places, but I only pick up
>packages once a week or so; I'm afraid the meat may
>spoil by then. The one place I've found that sells
>free range chicken, Lunardi's, doesn't have plans for
>grass fed beef.
>
>--Sam

There must be a Whole Foods market down there somewhere... Or try a big
health food store. There was an article in the SF Chronicle within the last
month that listed a bunch of stores that stock it; also, try the local
farmers' markets. Many ranchers are marketing through them these days. I
get mine from Big Bluff Ranch (530-529-2291) who will sell wholesale
packages of as little as 15 pounds, but their product is available in some
of the above listed sources.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!