C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jason Kruse PA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:03:24 -0500
Trish-
The public schools have not tested her yet. It is set
up however that she will get special PE while the kids
our out for recess but she will be included in the
indoor PE activities. An issue that now concerns me is
that there are 28 students and she has no para as of
now. The principle has just assigned a para though to
work with Lauren in the class for 3 weeks to help her
acclimate. Someone asked me what we see her doing in
20 or so years. We'll I hope it would be something
that she loves, thats more idealistic than even being
the president:-) She has a pretty singing voice so
maybe the vocal arts, she has an incredible memory. An
ability to learn states, word for word pages of early
books--so maybe a career that is detail oriented. But
who knows? My wife and I and now others are a little
suprised at the teachers "initial" reaction. We think
it was a little dramatic. Even if the IEP says she
should be able to not need other assistance we
question if the teacher can handle the challenge with
the above limitations in her class. Where can I go to
find ALL the info I would need to  learn more about
IDEA???

Jason K