C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:59:19 -0700
On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, BG Greer, PhD wrote:

> In a message dated 6/10/02 9:09:46 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> > Again, I apologize if I offended anyone.  I am
> >only trying to educate people so that everyone receives the best possible
> >education.
>
> If you are attempting to "educate" teachers, you might start with your self.
> Illness, particularly, chronic is not the same as a "condition". We have
> fought this all our lives and IT IS NOT  a matter of semantics!! Chronically
> ill need ongoing medical attention. We do not.
>
> Bobby

Boby,

With all do respect friend, you need to cut gabriel a little slack
here.  Beleve me, I know where you're comming from as far as the
difference betwene cronic illness virsus condition.  However at the
same time, gabriel means no harm to any here.  Sounds like she's
really making an effert to find the most information posible so that
her book might be useful to as many people as posible.  Please lets
give her the creddet and respect for wanting to reach and edjucate her
self agong the way.  I see nothing wrong with that at all.

Gary