BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. P. Edison" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 08:15:14 -0400
I resemble some of these remarks.

Mike E.
Chem Eng

of view by my italisized comments. May this ascention day raise your
spirits too!  Andy
COMPREHENDING ENGINEERS - TAKE ONE
Two engineering students were walking across campus when one
said: "Where did you get such a great bike?"
The second engineer replied. "Well, I was walking along yesterday
minding my own business when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike.
She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her clothes and said,
"Take what you want." The second engineer nodded approvingly.
"Good choice, the clothes probably wouldn't have fit."

COMPREHENDING ENGINEERS - TAKE TWO
To the optimist the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is
half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to
be.
To the masonry contractor the only question is if the glass will hold
hot coffee.

COMPREHENDING ENGINEERS -- TAKE THREE
A pastor, a doctor and an engineer were waiting one morning for a
particularly slow group of golfers. The engineer fumed. "What's with
these guys? We must have been waiting for 15 minutes!" The doctor
chimed in: "I don't know, but I've never seen such ineptitude!" The
pastor said, "Hey, here comes the greens keeper. Let's have a word
with him." "Hi, George. Say, what's with that group ahead of us?
They're rather slow, aren't they?" The greens keeper replied. "Oh,
yes, that's a group of blind fire fighters. They lost their sight
saving
our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for
free
anytime." The group was silent for a moment. The pastor said: That's
so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight." The
doctor said, "Good idea. And I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist
buddy and see if there's anything he can do for them,. The engineer
said, "Why can't these guys play at night?"

COMPREHENDING ENGINEERS - TAKE FIVE
What is the difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil
Engineers?
Mechanical Engineers build weapons. Civil Engineers build targets.

...but a mechanically civil mason knows he will rarely exhaust all
weapons. All the big trucks and equipment are just for show when they
move from target to target.

COMPREHENDING ENGINEERS - TAKE SIX
The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
The graduate with an Accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"
The graduate with a Liberal Arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with
that?"
The masonry contractor thinks that the liberal arts guy is a genius.

COMPREHENDING ENGINEERS - TAKE SEVEN
Normal people...believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers
believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

Masons look at everything as breakable if its not made of stone five
feet thick.

COMPREHENDING ENGINEERS - TAKE NINE
An engineer was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him
and said, "If you kiss me I'll turn into a beautiful princess". He bent
over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket. The frog spoke up
again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful
princess, I'll stay with you." the engineer took the frog out of his
pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket. The frog then cried
out: "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with
you and do ANYTHING you want." Again the engineer took the frog out,
smiled at it and put it back into his pocket, Finally the frog asked:
"What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess, that I'll
stay with you and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"
The engineer said, "Look, I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a
girlfriend, but a talking frog, now that's cool.

Masons would be all over that frog and then not know what to do with
her if she is too girly to mix mud.

Edison Coatings, Inc.
M. P. Edison
President