VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:16:41 -0500
Flipping this around, web site owners could charge isps for the
privelidge of getting access to their potential customers.  The only
winners either way are the ad agencies.  We could even go to the
metered internet that some have been arguing for over the past
several years.  It's been tried but not too successfully partly
because the internet had not enjoyed as much penetration as it does
now.  Some change that benefits commercial interests is bound to come
and when it does, it'll hit the consumer hard.  What form it will
take or what forms it will take, who knows.  Some companies are
exploring charging to have email delivered.

--
Jonnie Apple Seed
With his: