VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Meijer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 17:41:49 +0200
Hi Terri and all,

Thank you for this extra information, which seems
to contradict some of the earlier recent publicity.
You say

> First, the research being done by Nikolaos Bourbakis
> and his team from Wright University is not connected
> to our research at Arizona State University.

So how does this relate to the very recent Wright
State University press release of March 18, 2004,
which reads at the URL

   http://www.wright.edu/cgibin/news_item.cgi?663

> The partnering project at ASU is called iLearn.

and

> Funding for the project includes a $1.1 million National
> Science Foundation grant to ASU and Wright State. This
> was awarded last fall for four years.

This clearly suggested a connection to most readers,
if only a funding connection? Was the press release
wrong, or what? Or is the NSF funding now split over
disconnected projects?

It is therefore still not very clear to me how to
disentangle the Wright State University project named
"Tyflos" from for instance the "iCare-SceneAnalyzer"
project at Arizona State University.

Thank you,

Peter Meijer

Mobile OCR for the Blind