VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Diane Scalzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Scalzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:53:39 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I am writing to pass along an experience we had last night with our VIP-1000
talking thermostat.  At around 11:30 PM, I set the clock ahead one hour for
daylight savings time and changed the day to Sunday.  At around 2:00 AM, I
heard the furnace click on, which seemed unusual since we have it programmed
to go down to 65 degrees at night, and it didn't feel that cold in the
house.  A press of the report button indicated that the indoor temperature
was 37 degrees.  There was no way this was correct, so we changed the
batteries and it began reading normally.

We have owned our VIP-1000 since last July or August and have been very
pleased with the independence it brings, and it basically works as
advertised.  However, since we have already changed the batteries twice, I
don't believe they will last for two years as stated in a previous message.
Also, we have never received a low battery message through the report
button.  The only way we know it is time to change the batteries is when the
thermostat goes wacky.

Just wanted you to know...

Diane Scalzi
21621 Briarcliff