VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nelson Blachman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nelson Blachman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:54:30 -0800
 By mistake I removed almost all of a file, improved and printed out that
bit, and then alas saved it, having forgotten that most of
my file was absent.  Since my hard disk's divided into 32768-byte sectors, I
imagine that this 262-byte portion has overwritten only a little of the
beginning of the file, and the rest of it is still available in that sector
if only I can get Windows or DOS to read beyond the end of the 262 bytes.

  Can anyone tell me how to read an entire sector identified by the name of
the file to which it's allocated?

Nelson Blachman
Oakland, Calif.