VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Albert Ruel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Albert Ruel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:49:30 -0700
Amy, I agree with your take on this one as well.  I am constantly thankful
that we are not all created equal.  If we were, some couldn't hold
themselves up as being better than others.  Who would we talk about over
coffee if that were the case?

I am only as independent as I choose to be, and I trust you are as well.  I
hope that everyone else is too.  When I was sighted I changed the oil in my
car, but my neighbour hired someone to do that little task.  I never held it
against him no matter how badly he made me look for doing so.  I guess this
fellow with his T-Shirts only reflects on those who can be affected by such
things.

I also prefer to use as many opportunities to educate as come along in the
day, not to bitch at people and have them forever think of us all as being
bitchy.  If one issue of this nature transfers over, perhaps all of them do.

Thx, Albert