VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 09:34:43 -0700
Howdy John,
You wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I notice that a recycle bin appears on all the drives in my system. For
> instance, any external drives, hard drives or compact flash cards may
> eventually have a recycle bin folder placed on them. Is this desirable? I
> think not. Can I somehow turn this off? Can I just delete the RecycleBin
> folders from my external drives?
I'm not sure about deleting the recycled folder from your flash cards, but I
would think that you can.  It would be a good idea first to open the
properties for the Recycle Bin itself, and tell it that each drive is to be
configured independently.  There's a pair of radio buttons in the General
tab that controls that. If you don't select independent drive configuration,
you could probably delete that recycled folder and it will just come right
back, or else you'd get some sort of error.  Just guessing here.

Tom