VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kynn Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kynn Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:22:00 -0700
On Sunday, April 20, 2003, at 07:50 PM, Mariela Riva wrote:

> So true. I went through just it and needed to ask a sighted     person
> =
> for help. And the same happens when you want to start groups at Yahoo
> or =
> MSN. I sent a complainment to Yahoo, and they so kindly asked me the =
> information for my group and they said that they would start it for
> me, =
> but I think also that there should be a way for us to go through that =
> kind of problems about images and graphics. Does anybody have any =
> suggestion, excepting tthe chance of asking the help of a sighted =
> person?
> Thanks,
>      Mariela

I have heard of some of these types of confirmation services which
offer you the choice of graphics or a sound file.  (You listen to the
sound
file, and then type in what you hear.)

This is a decent solution for blind users, but obviously screws the
deaf-blind.

I don't know if there's a good general solution.  At the very least,
you should
write to those companies using such a method and ask them to provide
sound as well as graphics, and make them aware of the problems for
deaf-blind individuals.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>                     http://kynn.com