VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 19:40:49 -0600
If you have ever heard the Rain Report on shortwave, a fellow Chicagoan
who is also blind, Alanson "Hap" Holly, is behind it all.  He was just
named Amateur of the Year by the Dayton Hamvention.

Kelly

Hamvention 2002
Award Winners

For Immediate Release
Friday March 1, 2002Friday, March 1, 2002

Contact: Cathi Hoskins N8ZCQ, Chairman, Awards and Banquet Committee
Voice/Fax: (937) 429-1741
email:

Dayton, OH -- Dayton Hamvention7 2002 is proud to announce our Year 2002
Award Winners.

Amateur of the Year
Amateur of the Year Alanson "Hap" Holly KC9RP, of Des Plaines, IL has
been
chosen to receive Dayton Hamvention's Amateur of the Year award for 2002.
Mr. Holly (licensed since 1965) began ham radio informational programming
in
1984, which lead him to become founder and moderator (and "guiding
light")
of a weekly amateur radio audio feature magazine known as the RAIN
Report -
The Radio Amateur Information Network. Mr. Holly, who incidentally is
blind, produces this weekly program from his ham shack in suburban
Chicago.
He provides timely interviews, commentaries from other hams, excerpts
from
many of Hamvention's forums and many other items of interest to the
amateur
radio community. His RAIN programming can be heard on hundreds of amateur
repeaters across the nation, and also by telephone. Mr. Holly is an
inspiration to licensed radio amateurs, non-hams, and the visually
impaired
and sighted individuals worldwide. Dayton Hamvention7 is proud to honor
Alanson "Hap" Holly, KC9RP as its Amateur of the Year for 2002.

R.A.I.N. Report Mail List "It is not what you know but how you
communicate
it that makes a difference". Contact our web site,
http://www.rainreport.com

Copyright (c) 2001 R.A.I.N. Report / M. Bohnhoff, Inc. All rights
reserved.