VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ilene Sirocca <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ilene Sirocca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 18:03:25 -0800
from my experience, installing the Real One player requires help, as the
process is woefully inaccessible.  The player itself is fine, although for
some reason i find that when i bring up a menu i have to then press up arrow
quickly for the menu to stay there and speak to me.  There are quite a few
keyboard shortcuts in the program.  The help file is most successfully read
from a separate file under the real one program submenu rather than within
the player.  i have not downloaded or tried the Real One Music portion but
have used programs that used to be under the gold Pass label.  You should
also know that the real One Player has a browser that opens automatically
when you open the player; it is totally accessible but if you don't want it
there are hotkeys so you can detach it to a different window or close it
altogether; they are listed in the Help file.

ilene