From:
Ken Shearer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 16:02:35 -0500
Recently installed Windows XP Pro on new computer, and am trying to run the Automated System Recovery Wizard using my CD-RW drive as the target for the backup files.  I've put a blank floppy into the a: drive, and a bland CD-rewriteable into the CD-RW drive, and when I get to the 'backup destination' page of the wizard dialog and select the CD-RW, I get a message to the effect that I can't use "d:\backup.bkf" as the pathname ("a:" comes up as the default path when you use the wizard, but the backup wizard claims that the backup file will be on the order of 1.6 GB in size, which is more floppies than I care to sit through.

I though Win XP was supposed to natively support CD-RW disks?!

Thanks in advance for your help!