Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:54:32 +1100
From: "Frank R. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 2:54 AM
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Can't re-install w2k -- STOP 0x0000007B; Inaccessible
boot device

> > So, given that my cd-roms are scsi, how do I follow your
> suggestion to boot from cd-rom first?  Does "boot from
> cd-rom" really mean "boot from ide cd-rom"?

Correct, in your case, forget it.

> I like your idea about wiping the hard drive.  The *only*
> thing I can think of that is different from when we first
> installed w2k is that during the original install, the
> hard drive wasn't bootable (it was completely new).
> So maybe having the bootable cd-rom, and the bootable
> hard-drive both on scsi is confusing the w2k install.
>
> I've never wiped a scsi drive from the scsi bios.  Could
> you give me a brief description of what to expect, and
> what I'll need to do

In SCSI BIOS, you should have option (under utility) to format a SCSI HDD,
unlike IDE drive, which requires special programs to perform so called "low
level format", all SCSI drives can be "low level" formatted in SCSI BIOS.
this format should get rid of everything on drives, and bring the drive to
total empty (no partition, no nothing).  Just browser in your SCSI BIOS, you
have nothing to lose.  And, you should be able to set boot device there too.

Good Luck

Jun Qian

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>