Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:53:12 +0900
Hey, it is Chocolate! Just yesterday I polled my students,
and every one eats chocolate at least three times a week,
except one guy who says he would, but his wife always eats
it up before he can get any! He says she gets irritable if
she does not get it for a few days.

Sounds like a classic addiction food.

I eat a lot of chocolate too, but self justify it by eating
the lower sugar, dark types. Most of the research on
chocolate's effects on the body show it is harmless, or even
helpful. It contains anti-oxidents and some good fats. I
guess that for people who don't eat enough fat, chocolate
may be very good for them. For us it is probably not so
useful as we already get plenty of various fats.

It may be for you the caffeine in chocolate, the sugar, or
the fat, or even some other element your body craves. The
wonderful flavor certainly figures in there somewhere!

I pick and choose carefully the things I allow myself to eat
that are not paleo. Chocolate is my main treat, because it
satisfies so many cravings, and is not so harmful as some
other things.