From:
Micki Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:55:18 -0400
Another thing that might be considered; it is not only the matter of a lack of the obese being able to survive physically due to the dangers of a paleolithic environment, in OUR day and age the lack of these dangers is more than compensated for by the fact that obesity is the last bastion of "allowable" bigotry. The obese in our society are penalized in myriad ways...jobs, mate selection (if they are not an anorexic female), health insurance, etc...
The largest growing population of the single and unmarried are women who don't fit the "fashionably thin" category, and young men looking for the "perfect" thin woman. It is interesting that in current "stone-age" societies, a woman with a "bit of baggage" is preferable because she can better withstand the rigours of childbirth and maintain the stamina needed for such a lifestyle.

All jests aside, a paleolithic style of eating is leaps and bounds toward easing the physical and emotional suffering of the obese, and I have alot of faith that is is part of the ultimate answer, having seen what wonders it has done for my friends and myself.