From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:56:59 -0400
The Lucey-Weinhold Family wrote:

>I dunno, Todd --- I think it's more complicated than this.  According to
>the above  formula, I would be gaining weight if I consumed more than
>1400-1500 calories a day.  Now, I'm no expert at calorie-counting, but I
>think I'm eating eat a *heck* of a lot more food than that (and always
>have): three full meals a day plus an afternoon snack, and I never skimp
>on the fat --- nuts, avocadoes, all the fat with my meat or fish, lots
>of eggs (fried in lots of butter), gobs of homemade mayonnaise, salads
>drenched in olive oil, etc.  I think we're looking at quite a few
>calories here, and my weight is very stable at 115 pounds.

Beats me.  By the same token, I should be losing weight at 2600 cal/day,
but I don't.  Paleo or not makes no difference.  If you are eating as
much as, say, 2000 calories a day, at your body weight, then *something*
is happening to all those calories.  Maybe DIT is disposing of them.  I
really am out of theories.

Todd Moody