From:
"Balzer, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 22:07:10 +1000
>Cheeky of you -- trusting your body like that. I was just reading an
article
>by Cleave on the Price-Pottenger website. Also argues that our taste for
fat
>is an evolutionary strategy.
>See:http://www.price-pottenger.org/Articles/FatControversy.htm
>When this article was written he was not only defending 'stall feeding' of
>cattle but also grass feeding!!!

This reminds me of the epidemic of yellow fat disease that killed off many
spoilt cats. The food manufacturers discovered cats couldn't resist tuna
fat, and started a "war" of "irresistible" cat foods. The spoilt cats being
given a try of each new heavily advertised brand. The cats trained their
owners to buy the fattier brands and soon got sick or died. So much for
trusting your instincts.
http://www.summerstreetcatclinic.com/showpracfaq.cfm?FAQID=168&Private=0