From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:27:05 EDT
Hi Rachel --

Thank you for the information.  When you have a chance, I'd be very
interested in seeing the entire article.  Please e-mail it to me when you
have a chance.

Regarding the fact that steroid residues appeared in the athlete's urine --
doesn't this just prove that the hormones were excreted???  Any evidence of
any significant percentages remaining in one's tissue or body fat?  Perhaps
it's possible that even if the hormones are ultimately excreted, they can
still have any effect on one's body.  I'd just like to see more reasearch on
this.  On the one hand, it seems to make sense.  But on the other hand, if
eating hormone filled poultry could "make you fail a urine test or perhaps
grow unwanted breast tissue" as the quote states -- you'd think that women
would be clamoring for it rather than undergoing comparatively pricey boob
job operations.

Adrienne