Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:44:08 +0900
Todd Moody wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Tom wrote:
>
> > I never heard of this before, but in the past whenever I
> > wanted to drop a few pounds that is basically what I did. My
> > rule was to eat nothing until sundown, basically one meal a
> > day. That worked until I hit 40, and when it didn't work one
> > time I hit the bookstore for some diet advice. I picked up neanderthin...
>
> When you say it didn't work, do you mean that you didn't lose
> weight or that you just couldn't tolerate it?

Toleration is no trouble. I kind of like the feeling of
being in control of my body. But I didn't lose the weight in
a week like I expected. In fact my weight held constant.

> This so-called "Warrior" diet is yet another way of implementing
> fairly severe caloric restriction.

Maybe, total calories may have been less, but it didn't seem
that way.

Garry Taubes, in the article
> we have just been discussing, says "Starvation is normal."  That
> may be an overstatement, but perhaps the idea is that it is
> normal for our species to go without food for fairly lengthy
> periods, and then to eat heartily, a cycle more typical of
> carnivores than herbivores.

I think it is.

> I don't know; it does seem that most research shows that smaller
> more frequent meals results in more fat loss.  At least, that's
> what I've heard.  That seems to be a simple refutation of the
> "Warrior" diet concept.  I really would like to know more about
> this.

If your only goal is weght loss, probably so. It did work
for me for many years, but I never tried to lose more than a
few pounds at a time, I am fairly slim.