C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dana Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:02:01 -0700
Buying a new house isn't stressful enough, but then trying to get the phone
company to send me paperwork is going to give me more grey hair!

We're moving out of US West territory to a SMALL phone company that I've
never heard of, but don't have a choice on what our local service is
connected to. I am currently receiving free directory assistance due to my
disability. I filed the form with US West when we moved in 8 1/2 years ago.
Now, I called on the 4th of October, to order phone service, told them I
needed the form for free directory assistance and told them to mail it to
my MAILING ADDRESS (which I gave), because the house wasn't closed yet.
Told them I would see my doctor at the end of the month, and wanted a form
so that I could get it all taken care of. No form showed up. I called the
telco back today and asked where the heck the form was... it was sent to
the HOUSE, which has a busted mail box from kids stealing the mail and
being general jerks (we're buying a locking STEEL mail box). Anyways, I
really expressed that I was upset because I was moving into the toolies
with NO bus service, and go to to my doctor, my husband has to take time
off from work. They wondered why I couldn't fax my doctor the form (no fax
on this end), and then he could fax it to them. They also didn't seem to
think my doctor wouldn't charge me for the visit (he's gonna want to see
me, I know from expierence). *sigh* Called the Utilities Commission that
regulates the phone company and they are looking into it, as the phone
company wouldn't just give me free directory assistance until January 13th
(my next appointment), OR allow me to call the business office and ask to
have the charges taken off my bill until the 13th. Morons.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Dana Marshall
<http://www.geocities.com/danawheels>

<http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=AUX-497>Get cash as you surf