C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:36:03 -0400
Hmmm.  A good point.

About 15 or so years ago, we had drive-by shootings in back roads in a very
small town close to Winston-Salem.  The shooter shot through a window and
killed a woman instantly, the bullet going through the heart.

It turned out to be a carful of people who were high on marijuana and shooting
at lights including house lights.  It was a freak accident that the woman
killed the victim as neatly as she did, as it turned out she'd not that much
experience with guns.  She got life in prison; personally I thought it should
have been the death sentence, but the jury recommended life.

Kat