C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 22:08:26 -0400
All too true, Michael.  I think one thing that has stopped me from going
headlong into marriage is seeing what too many of my women friends have put
up with in their marriages.  I don't want to get stuck in a situation in
which I'd fear for my life or can't rely on the guy.  I can rely on myself,
and to tell you the truth, I'm happy with the way things are.   There's
absolutely nothing wrong with being single as long as you can be happy with
your own company.

But I can tell you this peace with myself and my situation has come about at
the end of a long process.  I've come to accept the fact that I'm a stubborn
person used to having my own way, and not likely to find someone who can put
up with all that. As I said earlier, I'm seeing someone out of state, but
he's an exception to all the men I've dated the past 20 years as we know
each other very well; we've been friends for over 2o years and I'm hoping we
will remain friends no matter what. But at least he knows me better than
most people, even my sisters.

Kat