C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:17:01 -0400
Laura was doing a solid 80 MPH in an 80 KPH zone on Highway 99 in Vancouver.
She "forfeit bond" at the RCMP post to the tune of $210 CDN or $134 U.S. (I
think--I'll know for sure when I get the Visa bill.  I'm not sure whose
conversion rate they used).  Any way you slice it, it was expensive.

We were coming down a long stretch of down-grade and she just didn't see the
construction zone signs.  I saw the signs, but was too busy gawking at the
scenery to pay attention to her speed.  She did the same, I think.

No, the young lady RCMP Mountie had no sense of humor (humour) whatsoever.
We got quite a lecture about speeding in a construction zone with kids in
the car.  Laura, who was funny and apoligetic at first, didn't care for her
attitude and then got an "attitude" of her own ("don't lecture me in front
of my kids" was one exchange, if I remember correctly).  I was surprised
that it didn't get a bit more fiesty.  As for my part, I was "yes, ma'am"ing
the hell out of the Mountie.

-Kyle