C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:58:25 -0400
I can see Morris' point.  Most designers are sexually confused to begin
with, so it would follow that their designs would likewise be socially
bankrupt.

I'm hoping the heroin-addict look of runway models has run its course.
We've had a stupid Western mindset for a long time that sez
"skinny=beautiful".  I think this probably started with the "Twiggy" era of
the mid-late '60s.  Young women have been killing themselves
(anorexia/bulemia) over this for a few decades now.  Personally, I would
love to see a return to a more "Rubenesque" view of feminine beauty.  As
Howlin' Wolf sang: "I like my wimmen wit some meat on they bones!"

-Kyle