BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Donald B. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hell is ... other people. --Sartre
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 20:57:20 -0400
>"There's democracy for you," Carnegie said at a ceremony in 1905. "No
social
influence in determining the architecture of this building, but 28 sets of
plans, out of which this one was selected by unanimous choice." The one he
referred to was that of the two-year-old partnership of Whitfield & King,
which
had been selected over Carrere & Hastings, Clinton & Russell and other
established firms. Henry D. Whitfield was the brother of Carnegie's wife,
Louise.

Sign me,  O Brother Where Art Thou
<

The sad part is, that IS democracy in acton--at least how it looks from
here in Our Nation's Cherry Blossom Capital.

Carnegie evidently followed the principle of one man, one vote. He was The
Man, and he had The Vote.
(Apologies to Terry Pratchett from whom I shamelessly borrowed this
concept)

Sign me, Man of Constant Sorrow