BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Harendza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"As good almost kill a man as kill a good book" -- John Milton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 11:38:41 EDT
I actually got a (modified) BP salute at the Vernacular Architecture Forum
conference, when Johnette Davis and I met! (Awesome meeting you, Johnette!
Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk longer!)

I was actually thinking about BP a lot that weekend, since one of our field
trip stops was to Roseland, once the more lavish Virginia country house of
the 18th century. It burned in 1916, and now it's remains (mainly the brick
exterior walls) are being preserved by a friends group. The masons working on
the project showed us oyster shells in the process of becoming slaked lime.
Got a chance to climb around on their scaffolding and check out the repair
work too. Ok, so I know it wasn't the Nebraska State Capitol, but I felt
adventurous.

It was awesome to see in practice what I only read about on BP.

-Heidi