BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 16:55:58 -0500
Are you saying that you want a rematch?!  How authentic do you want this to be?
Shit!  I wouldn't even want to reenact certain conversations about the length of
my hair (not that I could ever have that much of my own again)!  I thought Mayor
Daley's storm troopers got the point across real good the first time.  Maybe
not.

Does it suprise you that the North Vietnamese understood us and how to exploit
us better than a Saudi Prince and a bunch of his narrow focus followers?  They
picked targets intended to turn us against ourselves and to negate whatever
legitimate reasons we may have had to be in South East Asia.  Our current
opponents only figured out how to piss us off.  They'd probably think it was
cool to drag a cub out of Mama Grizzlies's den too.  Pound for pound, I think
the Vietnamese had greater insight.

Sorry for my lack of sensitivity. But its long past time to make peace here at
home.  Most cops did not deserve to be called pigs, most war opponents were not
draft dodgers and most of the people shooting at our troops were not Viet Cong,
but North Vietnamese.  It was a time full of self righteousness, a whole lot of
wrong choices and damned few right ones.

Geeze...somebody help me find the reset button.

-jc