BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
9.11.2002: Day of private silence; no commentators, especially!" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 08:51:24 +1000
 --- "John Leeke, Preservation Consultant" wrote:

> I'm always looking for good examples of bad
> examples. May I quote you on
> this one? Where did it take place? Do you have a
> photograph of the
> woodgrained paper installed?

John

Had a good one near our office recently ... except
every time I drove past I reminded myself to come by
with a camera ... and I didn't ... and now the shot
has been stripped away.

Corner garage (1930s style) apparently with brick
walls.  Except that where some water had got behind
the facing, and cause the glue to give way, the bricks
had slumped down.  Or at least, the brick patterned
'contact' had slumped down.  Great photo - except I
never took it!

Sorry.

david

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- A great way to communicate long-distance for FREE!