From:
John miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 12:38:14 -0400
I can't help you much but I can say this, the 570 does not have a manual
notch filter but the automatic one has 2 modes and I notice that if you hit
the button once you're in the fast mode, then you notice strange audio, not
bad just you know it's on, if you hold it for a second, you go to the slower
mode and unless you're really using it for very heavy  stuff with a lot of
changes in pitch, like if some one's tuning up on a frequency and
deliberately tuning back and forth to annoy,  you'd barely notice it and it
works just fine. I don't know if the 2000 has this or not, I've never used
one. I've always been one that likes a separate UHF/VHF radio because I
monitor a couple local repeaters almost all the time.
John Miller N1UMJ
Owner: J E M Racing need sponsors and crew help
to chat with me  AOL instant messenger JEMracing3