From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:56:35 -0500
Hello, again.

Boy, I'm really full of questions these days, aren't I!

I just purchased one of the new Maha MHC777+2 battery chargers, and have a
few questions that I could use some help with.

Here they are:

1.  Does the charger automatically switch to charging batteries after
discharging, or do you have to push the "re-set" button in order to
accomplish that?  The older MHC777 automatically shifted from discharging to
charging, and there was a little light that I could sense with my light
probe to tell whether it was charging or discharging.  The new one doesn't
have this feature, so far as I can tell.

2.  How do you know when the batteries are done charging?  Again, the old
MHC777 had a series of lights that I could probe, and once the last light
toward the back of the charger was the only light on, I knew it was fully
charged.  If you miss the series of beaps at the end of a charge, by being
out of the room or something, how do you know when charging is done?

3.  Does anyone have any fullproof or reasonably fullproof way to charge the
battery packs for the HTX202 or 404 on the Maha charger?  I really find it
difficult to get the pins on the charger just right so they make contact
with what seem to be very small contact points on the battery pack.

Any help with these items would be appreciated.  It seems as though the new
Maha charger has more features, but some accessibility for us has been lost,
due to the absence of lights we can probe for information.

Best 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ