From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:49:02 -0500
Hi Tom,

I think I know why you're not hearing the beep.  The memory numbers
actually start at 0, and you started programming memories at 1.  Since
there's nothing in memory 0, you skip right on by it when you turn the
tuning knob, and hence you never hear the beep.

I have the programming software, and I'll be happy to send it to you
whenever you need it.  It's quite easy to use, and it gives you access to
*everything* in the radio:  VFOs, memories (including upper/lower scan
limits, priority channels, and information memories), and all the menu
settings.  I strongly recommend that you get the cable.  It's a bit pricey
at around $30, but well worth it for your peace of mind.

Steve