From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 20:17:48 -0400
Hi Butch.

I can picture the receiver in my mind's eye.  I think that Radio Shack had
a similar receiver which they called the Realistic DX-200.  I won't go so
far as to say it was the same receiver because I don't know whether it was
or wasn't, but it certainly was based on the same design philosophy.

Unfortunately, in the 23 years I have been in Amateur Radio, and the 28
years I've been a SWL, I have seen exactly one of these receivers in a used
equipment show room.  So, I think you could have quite a hunt for this one.

These receivers were being made about the time I was graduating from high
school and going off to college, so for the most part the price tags were
out of reach.  I hocked for the Kenwood R-1000, and got quite a lecture
about irresponsible spending from my father!

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 04:53 PM 7/20/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Well, i'm trying to picture the kenwood I had.  It had a main tuning knob
>and a fine tuning knob.  The dials were behind kind of a rounded plastic
>or glass, not round like a circle, but like a section of a cylinder if
>that makes any sense.  I remember it had some push tubbons, but don't
>remember for sure if these were for band selection or just what.  It was
>strictly analog, standard superhet circuitry, dial stopped at ends of each
>band and so forth.  My daughter called it the air clock as I always
>checked wwv with it.
>73s
>Butch Bussen
>wa0vjr