From:
Randy Formenti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 08:25:34 -500
I used to have an frg7. I got someone to modify it so it would beep if
synthesizer was not locked. There is a megacycle selection knob with no detents
so you have to carefully count to see what meg you are on. In some ways it was a very
good receiver, especially on am broadcast. In my opinion it isn't really
good enough to be your main ham receiver, not really stable enough compared to
modern receivers. If you really can't afford anything better or get an
especially good deal on it then go for it. Otherwise save your money and get
something more up to date.

88's N8KL Louisville, KY