From:
Tom Karnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:50:11 -0700
I bought an antenna made by Arrow Products, or some such name.  I'll get
the yl to look at it , but meanwhile, it was revieed in QST a couple of
years ago, does 2m & 440, is intended for the new satellite and anything
else, has a built in duplexer, is made from shafts of competion target
arrows.  The square cross section comes apart in 2 pieces and the elements
thread into it.  Packed up it's about 18 inches long and light enough for
backpacking.  I haven't used it much, as it just the other day reappeared
after my move 16 months ago.  It has a pistol grip handle that perhaps
would fasten to a photo tripod.  I'm going to use it simplex on field day
and will report the results.
I just looked in my data base and didn't find it,  $160, I think, so
expensive, but very well built.
Tom Karnes